PostGIS Basics in Dusseldorf
The training is aimed at QGIS users who want to manage and analyze spatial data in PostgreSQL, a relational database. The training includes a brief introduction to databases and SQL as a database management language. The PostGIS extension for spatial data is presented and, using practical examples, a database is built from QGIS and data is analyzed.
Basic knowledge of using QGIS 3 is required.
- Introduction to database concepts and PostgreSQL
- Introduction to data modeling
- Basics of PostgreSQL administration
- Introduction to the QGIS plugin DB administration
- Use of SQL functions from within QGIS
- Create, import and export spatial data
- Use of SQL and PostGIS functions from within QGIS
Certificate of attendance
The training takes place in our rooms at Rethelstraße 153 in 40237 Düsseldorf.
- March 8, 2021
- July 6, 2021
450 € + VAT - This includes the course documents, food (lunch, snacks and drinks) and one hour of individual support after the training. Schoolchildren, students, trainees and job seekers can take advantage of discounted conditions.
If you also book the PostGIS administration training course, you only pay € 850 + VAT instead of € 940 and save € 90.