The QGIS beginners course is for GIS users and interested persons from universities, public administrations and businesses and teaches basic principles of using Quantum GIS. Part of this training is also an insight into working with the GRASS plugin.
Instructor is Otto Dassau. He is current member of the Project Steering Committee (PSC) of the Quantum GIS project and active in the GRASS project and the german FOSSGIS eV. For more than 10 years he conducts regular training courses and workshops on Quantum GIS, GRASS and other open source GIS applications (see menu references).
Topics of the 2-day training
- Installation Overview and Applications of Quantum GIS
- Introduction to the Graphical User Interface
- Data management and fundamentals on projections
- Integrating and analyzing vector and raster data
- Working with OGC Services WMS, WFS, ...
- Connecting and working with PostgreSQL/PostGIS
- Attribute management and digitizing
- Working with the core plug-ins
- Integrating and working with external plugins
- Exchange of data and layout printable maps
For this training, participants receive extensive training data, an exercise script, and a current, printed version of the Quantum GIS Manual to be able to deepen the knowledge after the course. In addition, each participant receives a certificate of participation upon successful completion.
Basic knowledge of geographic information systems are an advantage.
Schedules (others on request)
- Monday, 03.03.14 - Tuesday, 04.03.14 in Düsseldorf
- Monday, 05.05.14 - Tuesday, 06.05.14 in Düsseldorf
- Monday, 02.06.14 - Tuesday, 03.06.14 in Düsseldorf
- Monday, 14.07.14 - Tuesday, 15.07.14 in Düsseldorf
- Monday, 22.09.14 - Tuesday, 23.09.14 in Düsseldorf
- Monday, 03.11.14 - Tuesday, 04.11.14 in Düsseldorf
- Monday, 01.12.14 - Tuesday, 02.12.14 in Düsseldorf
€ 750 + VAT - This includes all course materials, beverages and snacks, and lunch. Students, apprentices and unemployed people can participate at reduced rates, if the course is not fully booked.
To register or for further information please send an email to email@example.com.